Renee’s new solo CD Brilliant Addiction is out an hot off the press! Check out the review of the album in Here Magazine and take a listen to the music today!
1. My father was a jazz pianist. I think that’s why I chose to be a graphic designer most of my life instead of a musician.
2. I wished I was a boy most of my childhood. Sometimes I would stand in front of the mirror and pretend I was Paul McCartney. I idolized my older brother.
3. I started playing piano at age 4, guitar at age 12 and wrote my first song when I was 24.
4. I have a teen-aged daughter.
5. I am a breast cancer survivor.
6. Some of my songs have been placed in tv shows including Charmed, The Young and the Restless, Felicity and Making the Video.
7. I designed snow skis for Skis Dynastar for 5 years.
8. I love to cook and enjoy good food and wine by candlelight.
9. More than just about anything, I love hanging out at home with my family.
10. Every once in awhile I throw a monkey wrench into my relatively stable life.
11. I can juggle, ride a unicycle and whistle loudly with or without fingers, but not all at the same time.
12. I love Southern California beaches, road trips and fruit pie.
13. I have a trail outside my front door, which I try to hike every day that leads to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and the Pacific Ocean.
14. I have a recording studio in my home and have been known to forget to eat, drink and pee when I’m in there. (This is weird, because normally I don’t like to miss a meal and I pee frequently).
15. I’m the jealous type and I learn things the hard way.
16. I like contemporary furniture and the occasional antique.
17. Whenever I finish writing a song, I always think it will be the last song I write.
18. My daughter and I have a “special kiss” that we invented. It is a series of kisses that includes all the kisses known to humankind (except for the French kiss).
19. Some day I’d like to be a music producer.
20. I taught graphic design to Gillian Welch when she was in high school.